In the spirit of the holiday weekend, why not start with a great refreshing summer drink!?
White sangria seems to be the new trend lately as it is light, refreshing, fruity, and completely satisfies your craving for something sweet but not too heavy.
You can make your sangria sweeter or drier, depending on what you prefer. I myself, like my sangria a bit on the sweeter side so I use a moscato in mine. That being said, you can mix and match what it is that you prefer when it comes to wine. For the fruit, I don’t enjoy lemon or lime flavor, so I stick with a very simple flavor. You can of course add lemons, limes, strawberries, peaches or even mango to this recipe and it would still taste great.
My personal favorite recipe, which I now keep in a large mason jar at all times in the fridge, and what will become my signature drink at my upcoming wedding in August is:
Summer Lovin’ Sangria
- Pitcher or quart sized mason jar
- 1 1/2 cups of white wine, I use Barefoot Moscato
(You can substitute Riesling, Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio if you like something drier)
- 1/4 cup Peachtree Schnapps
- 1 orange – halved & sliced
- Soda Water
1. Take your pitcher or mason jar and add half of the orange slices.
2. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of your white wine and dump into the pitcher or mason jar.
3. Measure out your 1/4 cup of Peachtree Schnapps and dump into the container.
4. Stir up your contents until mixed.
**It’s best to let this sit for a couple of hours or over night, but can be served immediately if need be **
5. Take a glass and fill it with ice
6. Put a slice or two of the orange in the glass
7. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way with sangria & top with a splash of soda water
8. Give it a simple stir and enjoy!
If you’re making larger batches of sangria, do a 6 part wine to 1 part schnapps ratio.
Give sangria a try! Mix and match some fun fruits and let them sit in the wine overnight. The natural sugars will be brought out of the fruit and provide a really nice flavor to your sangria. This is a fun recipe to personalize and make it your own!