Are you forever trying to figure out something new or fun to do with candles instead of them just sitting in a jar? Don’t get me wrong, I like a good Yankee Candle, but the big glass jar doesn’t always go with your home decor. I’m not the ‘farmer’ type country girl, but I’m most definitely the ‘country chic’ and pottery barn style country.
Who doesn’t like a good decoration that can get your entire house smelling fabulous? And who doesn’t like the smell of a fresh pot of french vanilla coffee? Well my friends … this is an easy way to get a cute decoration, and have a fabulous smelling house all in one.
What you’ll need:
- Mason jar or other container
You can use either something shallow or something tall
- Whole bean coffee beans, original flavor
- Votive or tealight candle, for each container
(French vanilla is amazing but you can do any scent you want)
What you do:
- Step one: Take your container you want to use and make sure it’s clean.
- Step two: Fill the container (or containers) with coffee beans, about 1/3 – 1/2 full.
If you’re using a shallow bowl style dish, you may need to fill it more.
- Step three: Take a votive or tealight candle and place in the center of the beans and push down slightly to get it into the beans.
- Step four: Light the candle and wait…. You’ll start to smell the coffee in just a little while.
Extra tip: If you put 3 containers (all the same style) on a coffee table, it’s a great, easy, simple and very country chic table decoration, not to mention delicious smelling.